|Attendees at the 2018 National Conference will have an opportunity to participate in two ensembles, one for youth ages 8 to 18, and another for adults over 18. Each will rehearse daily, and perform in the Conference’s closing concert on Saturday, June 30th. Participants will enjoy coaching by several harpists and perform works of varied styles. Everyone is welcome to participate, at any skill level.
We have reached the maximum number of participants in the youth ensemble, so registration is now closed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Meet the age criteria specified for your selected ensemble.
- Register for the 2018 National Conference.
- Attend all rehearsals and the performance at the Conference. Youth will rehearse mornings and adults in the early afternoons of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (June 27-29, 2018). Closing recital Saturday morning, June 30th. (See the Schedule page for details.)
- Provide your own harp and bench, and move your own equipment. Harps will remain in the Orton Center for the duration of the rehearsal period, and need only be moved for the dress rehearsal and concert. If you would like to pursue renting a harp in Southern California, possible sources may be Pacific Atlantic Harps, Salvi Harps, or individual area harpists.
- Participants will receive an email after April 15th with a link to purchase their assigned parts to the following program:
Pavane Morton Gould, arr. Susan Bennett
Puccini Medley Giacomo Puccini, arr. Diane Michaels
An original composition, to be announced Julia Kay Jamieson
Cumbia Deliciosa Alfredo Rolando Ortiz
Registration is now closed.
Registering for the ensemble is included as an option with your full National Conference registration process. You may update your online registration at any time through your AHS Member Portal account should you wish to add the ensemble selection later. You may also register separately for the ensemble via email with this Ensemble Registration Form (note you must also be registered for the Conference to participate).